Saturday, October 31, 2009

"...when I was sick you visited me..."

The other day I found out that my neighbor was sick with the flu. My initial thought was that I'd better steer clear of her and those around her till she gets better and certainly keep my children far away! A few days later I was explaining to Shiona that we show we love Jesus by dong his commands like loving one another. I was suddenly stricken in my conscience. My immediate reaction to someone in need was to be selfish! And what little faith I was displaying! If I got sick, so be it, but couldn't God protect me too? So the next day I got her a gift and the girls helped me make a batch of cookies for her. However. When I called to find out how she was doing she was
feelng much better. Opportunity lost because my initial reaction was to respond to my fears instead of showing love. :( Now, not to be cruel, but I am awaiting the next individual to get sick so I can sieze the oppotunity I'd missed. I understand mothers wanting to protect their children from contagious diseases and sicknesses but there are other ways to minister like sending cards and praying too!

No comments: