Friday, October 30, 2009

His Home is His Castle

In case you didn't read the comments left on the previous post entitled "Pet Peeves" I wanted to use Lisi's comment (Herb of Grace) to remind us how our husbands should feel when they are home. She writes,

"I totally agree! If women all over the world could just do this ONE THING, I bet we'd see a marked drop in the divorce rate. Seriously. I can't imagine anything worse as a man than to spend the whole day working in an environment where he is respected and in authority and then come home to relax and rest in the bosom of his family and be met by a nagging wife. That's NOT the kind of comparisons I want my husband to be making..."

I think that pretty much sums it up right there. One of the keys to a man feeling loved is by being treated with reverence and respect. I've heard a lot of stories where a man will leave his wife for another woman and it isn't about looks at all - it's about the way the other woman treated him! Scary, but true. Let's keep the heart of our husbands by showing him honor and respect and making him feel like he is the king of his home and of our hearts!

5 comments:

lislynn said...

I should have mentioned that this topic is discussed brilliantly in one of my favorite marriage-building books; "Love and Respect", by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. I highly recommend it :)

Hosanna said...

Karen, I am just now visiting your blog here. I enjoy it very much! I had to laugh a little at the thing about the socks and stuff - Since day one of our marriage, I have had to pick up K's socks and other various laundry. I find it kind of cute, actually. I decided that laundry was going to be my "area", mostly because I didn't want Kevin to do it and accidentally ruin things. (He is VERY liberal with bleach.......) So every morning when I collect his socks from the floor, I smile a little. I just find it cute.
And, I am JUST as guilty, as I leave my own socks, flip flops, sandals, shoes, boots, sneakers - all over the place! In fact, sometimes I will slip into his flip flops for running to the mail box or something, and then he can't find them when he wants them! :) So, we're kind of even in this area.

Seth and Karen's blog said...

Hello Hosanna and thanks for visiting my site!

I think so many annoyances can easily be changed if we had your attitude and looked at little quirks as cute instead! Also, like you ponted out, we're just as guilty of doing thoughtless things that in turn could bother our spouses. :)

Thanks for your input!

Karen

Catherine said...

I heard a speaker one time who said something that really stuck with me. (She was talking about honoring your parents, but it could be applied either way) She said, "You're not the queen of the castle. You're the servant." So whenever I feel petty or whiney I just remember that statement and it helps me to cheerfully press on!

Denise said...

Catherine, what a wise comment you have shared!!!! Thank you for that refreshing reminder!