Sunday, October 25, 2009

Running His Errands

Whenever Seth is in town he always calls me several times to see if I need anything. I know that this really isn't about trying to save a trip to town (honestly, he doesn't mind running in to town frequently - he'll be in twice a day sometimes!) it is about him thinking about me and trying to make things easy on me. I caught on to this recently and began trying to reciprocate. It is a way to tell him I am thinking about him and trying to help and serve in a practical way. Most of you probably are much more organized and structured than I am. I'm very scatterbrained and despite my dedication to lists I will usually come back from a 6 hour shopping day in town and realize I forgot this or that. Thinking of my husband and asking if he needs anything before I leave and even again while I'm in town is a service indeed because with three children I can't easily run into the post office or bank - it is always a big deal to go anywhere! My dear husband is aware of this and tries to minimize this with his consideration of my needs. Its practical love that gives and receives.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

This is definitely true. Whenever mom and I need something from town it's easy to just call dad and have him pick it up "on his way home from work". Incidentally, this also happens to be the most tiring, long part of his day and is usually caused because we "forgot" something yet again. It helps to be thoughtful and considerate to the breadwinner of the family. Thanks for the reminder, Karen. :)