Monday, November 9, 2009

Convenient Inconvenience

Seth injured his ankle the other day. He needed to be able to rest and not walk around on it a lot. For him, if he is at home he can't NOT help. No matter the circumstance, he will try to fix this, hold the baby, clean that, etc. So, in order to really help him rest, I actually had to leave. Yup. I took the children out for the day. This wasn't an easy task because I'm used to Seth coming with me and helping with the children. However, I knew this would be the best way I could serve my husband and let him rest. I knew that he would never ask us to leave, but it really was something he appreciated and needed.

I guess I'm saying all this to say that when things are going tough for your husband, try to be sensitive to his needs and be willing to make sacrifices that you know he would appreciate. You know what he would really like or what would bless him the most even if it might throw a monkey wrench into your plans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

Seth and Karen's blog said...

I appreciate any input. Thanks Anonymous!