Friday, October 16, 2009

The Need to be Needed

Yesterday, my husband came up and hugged me and told me how much he needed me. I was so blessed by that! It was so sincere and heart-felt! I never consciously thought how nice it would be for him to tell me that, but it was so special. I didn't realize how important it was for me to know that.

I often will roll my eyes when I've made a stupid mistake that Seth will catch and then remark how much I need him. But when he genuinely told me that yesterday, I was struck with how important it is that each spouse hears and feels this and how little I've sincerely said it to Seth. I think it is especially important to hear if the other spouse is very capable and independent. Sometimes I think Seth could manage just fine without me and probably do a better job in many respects! So, it's nice to hear it... just a thought!

2 comments:

Kristen + Scot said...

oh my goodness karen!! this is the first time i've visited your blog and I love it! I will have to check it now and then. This is so true. Its amazing how a day can be transformed from normal to heavenly as we float on thoughts of the mutual love and satisfaction we share as husband and wife!!!!

Seth and Karen's blog said...

Kristen,

I'm glad you found my blog. This is actually a daily tip one. My real blog that I use to update people on things that are going on with us is www.sethkarenrobinson.blogspot.com. Thanks for your comment. I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to add your own tips!

Love,

Karen