Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cashier Kindness

When I was younger and would accompany my mother to the grocery store, my mother would occasionally bless the cashier by buying her a little treat from the checkout selection. This act usually blessed the woman very much and I always thought it was a small witness. So, I thought next time I'm out I would try that. I was thinking I would do it if I noticed the person were efficient, cheerful or a good bagger. Then I thought maybe I should do it to someone who seemed to be having a bad day. Then I realized I should do it no matter what - just to bless them. I don't think it will matter if the person is on a diet, or allergic to nuts or has an aversion to caramel. It is the act. So, I want to try that next time I go shopping! :) (Having said all that, I don't know if stores are really strict now and won't allow their employees to accept things from their customers. It'd seem weird, but you never know now 'a days!)

No comments: