Monday, February 22, 2010

Submission: Phase One

In the Bible study I am going through I've come across the chapter on submission. This was just riddled with truths and convicting points. I would like to share some, but there was so much that I think I will have to make several installments. So here is what I like to call phase one:

1. Submission means accept my husband as he is
We are not supposed to make our husbands good, but happy. Making him good is God's job and working of the Holy Spirit. Do you really think it will last if a change comes through our coercing, nagging, encouraging, if our Lord has not worked on his heart to change from the inside out?
Agape love means to accept and love others just as they are, including our husbands. Just as God loves the sinner but hates the sin, we can love those around us, but not condone their sins. This actually can free a wife up to be able to simply love without making judgment calls on her husband.
True submission means we accept our husbands exactly the way they are and don't try to change them through our own obvious or sly methods. We are usurping authority over him and God if we begin to try to change our husbands.

I'm very thankful to have a husband that is easy to submit to. While not perfect, my husband exemplifies a loving, caring and sensitive husband that seeks the Lord and His will for our life and marriage. I have it very easy for the most part, but still there are times I struggle with submission. Going through this chapter, I felt convicted on almost every point. Thank the Lord that He is always forgiving and able to change and mold me into His image and what He wants for me to be as my husband's wife.

Note: The title of this booklet is "A Woman More Precious Than Jewels" by Bonnie Trude. I didn't notice a copyright, but it does say all right reserved and I cannot reprint or duplicate it without written permission. I will try to contact the author, but in the meantime I am sharing much or this by trying to put it into my own words without losing the points.

No comments: