Friday, January 29, 2010

Valentine's Surprise

Valentine's is just around the corner. Instead of wondering (or assuming) what your husband might be cooking up for you, turn things around. Take control and view this holiday as a day to totally please and delight your man.

Forget flowers, chocolate, music and cute lingerie. Go totally daring and shock him. (Make sure you choose something that won't be offensive or uncomfortable to him, though. That isn't gonna be a problem generally, but be sensitive to your husband.) Be aggressive and fun. Totally wow and captivate him with your desire for him and willingness to please him. Is there something you or he or both of you have wondered about trying out? Prayerfully consider if this would be an appropriate time to try it out. Prayer is so important because what could be fun to one might be offensive to the other. Yes, I'm am talking about sex. I don't want to get too detailed because it is such a private, personal issue between couples and I'm sure I get single readers on this blog as well. But, this is a blog about wives and we can't ignore this paramount issue in our marriages.

Spice it up. While you're thinking of the romantic evening and the music and the candlelight dinner, he is definitely wondering and hoping for other things as well. Don't disappoint - rather keep him guessing what you're going to do next! Don't set goals like I want to wear that or fit into that for Valentines. Forget those extra pounds and flaunt what you have tastefully. I think a man would appreciate a fun and engaging woman who has a few pounds to spare rather than a woman who is so concerned with her appearance she no longer looks appealing because of her worries and concerns despite her figure.

To be perfectly honest, my husband always finds me a lot more attractive when I throw caution to the wind and enjoy that second piece of pizza or have a piece of chocolate without those degrading remarks like, "I know I shouldn't" when I'm with him. (I try to be more careful just on a daily basis, of course. :)

I hope I've inspired and not shocked or offended anyone. None of this has to cost a thing if you're creative. And if you're not naturally creative (I'm not) you can carefully screen the internet for romantic, seductive ideas.

Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I'm so delighted that I'll actually have my husband around this Valentine's. I think it's been two years apart. I have always been excited about him romancing me, but made sure I worked to please and surprise him too.... I love your challenge to make it ALL about him. I think Valentine's is one of those holidays that the men don't get much to be excited over... I say every married woman whose husband is around should take that challenge.

Seth and Karen's blog said...

I just saw this. I guess you posted this and I didn't realize it till now. :) Thanks for your comment! Love you!